Cross-cultural Training For Japanese Expatriates
To work with Vietnamese staffs effectively
As a Japanese expatriate, have you been in the below situations?
- You wonder how to communicate with your staffs well.
- You found that it is very hard to handle your work since your staffs do not know the basic principles of working in Japanese company. etc
We have received many complaints similar to the above comments from Japanese business men/women planning to set up their businesses or already operated in Vietnam.
However, you should be aware that Vietnamese staffs have less working experience in market economy, so it is unreasonable to require them to have “a professional working manner” as Japanese’s from the beginning. Even though Japanese staffs are well aware of the differences between two countries’ culture, they are not prepared for the actual differences in way of living and thinking between two nationalities. As a result, they are going to have problems in cooperating with Vietnamese staffs if they still keep on their working style and thinking!
- Training venue:
- Training method:
Japanese (Vietnamese trainer who has great working experience in Japan, so he/she has deep understanding of differences between Japan and Vietnam)
At client’s company as required
Active learning through excercises, case study, role play and group discussion etc.
- Let’s understand about Vietnam.
- Understand the differences in lifestyles and thoughts between people of the two countries, understand and apply the appropriate way to communicate with the Vietnamese.
- Training program for Japanese staffs working in Vietnam
Part 1: Let’s understand about Vietnam
~Understanding your partner is the first and important step in communication. Because it could help you effectively plan your strategies ~
Part 2: To effectively cooperate with Vietnamese staffs
- Basic knowledge about Vietnam: economy, politics, current issues/ events
- Current state and issues in infrastructure
- State and issues in employment and labour market at the present and up coming years etc.
2.1 Understand about Vietnamese people
~ Good understanding about the differences between way of living between Japanese and Vietnamese people, and Vietnamese’s characters could make smooth communication ~
2.2 Communication method with Vietnamese
- Vietnamese’s main characteristics
- Vietnamese’s perspective about Japanese (What does Vietnamese think about Japanese?)
- Effective training required for Vietnamese staffs
~Learn how to solve problem through specific case-study. Vietnamese trainer will explain about Vietnamese’s thinking and actions in each case-study~
Part 3: Learn some simple Vietnamese words
- Ways of instructing your order
- Ways of praising or expressing your displeasure
- Ways of requesting or receiving Hourensou
- Ways of motivating your Vietnamese staffs
~ Greet your Vietnamese staff in Vietnamese to build friendly and harmonize bridge between you and your staffs~
- Enjoy the joy of good communication with your Vietnamese staffs.
- Empathetic words could bring positive thinking to your staffs.
"Cross-cultural Training For Japanese Expatriates" pamphlet.
For the sample of training material, please send your request to us here.