Omotenashi - Japanese hospitality
Give a strong impression to your customer!
Provide excellent customer service and embody the values of “Omotenashi"
- Do you know that the spirit of Japanese customer service is Omotenashi? What are the most important factors of Omotenashi?
- Do you want to know how to provide “Omotenashi” and move your client with it?
Do you want to equip “Omotenashi” for yourself and act in work through practical examples and practices?
This course helps you understand the concepts and necessity of “Omotenashi”. Through the examples and practices in the course, you can not only understand the theory but also be able to apply it to your work, distinguish yourself and your companiy’s service from the other.
- Training venue:
- Training method:
At client’s company as required
Active learning through excercises, case study and group discussion etc.
- Understand the meaning of “Omotenashi”
- Enhance basic knowledge and skills to provide “Omotenashi”
- Staffs who work directly with customers
Part 1: Omotenashi
1.1 Overview of Product/ Service/ Perfomance
- What is a good product/ Service?
- The importance of factors in the process of providing a product/ service
- Customer satisfaction and Service quality
Part 2：How to provide Omotenashi?
- What is “Omotenashi”?
- The relationship between “Omotenashi” and service quality level
- “Omotenashi” in Japanese daily life
- The importance of “Omotenashi” in business
2.1 Necessary skills to provide Omotenashi
2.2 5 notices to provide Omotenashi
- Conceptual skill
- Observing skill
- Awareness skills
- Sympathizing skills
- Appreciating skills
Part 3: Steps to provide Omotenashi
- Warm-hearted welcome
- Professional look
- Professional manners (Standing, bowing, welcoming and parting manners)
- Polite speech
3.1 Step 1: Developing an awareness
3.2 Step 2: Observing
- Develop an awareness of the importance of customers to the company
- Understand throughtly company’s product/ service
- Be aware of one’s role when interacting with clients
3.3 Step 3: Understanding/ Sympathizing
- Observe customer’expression, eyes, gesture, attitude, action
- Judge customer’s needs/ expectations
3.4 Step 4: Taking action
- Stand in customer’s shoes to think
- Listen to customers, pay attention to their pitch and intonation
- Understand thoroughly customer expectations
Part 4: Learning from actual examples
- Exceed customer expectations(120%)
- Think of “added value” and take action
Part 5: Action plan
- Learn Omotenashi from Starbucks – a coffee brand
- Learn Omotenashi from Ritz-Carlton – Never say “No” to customer
- Share some experiences of Omotenashi that moved people
- Provide excellent customer service at your working place.
"Omotenashi - Japanese hospitality" pamphlet
For the sample of training material please send your request to us here.
Participants should take these suggested courses below after taking "Omotenashi - Japanese hospitality" course.